|Place of Origin:||China|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||10mt|
|Delivery Time:||1 week|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, L/C, Western Union|
|State:||Fine Powder||Hardness:||3 Moh|
|Usage:||Additive Paint And Other||Purity:||98%|
Calcium carbonate is a chemical compound with the formula CaCO3. It is a common substance found in rocks as the minerals calcite and aragonite (most notably as limestone, which is a type of sedimentary rock consisting mainly of calcite) and is the main component of pearls and the shells of marine organisms, snails, and eggs. Calcium carbonate is the active ingredient in agricultural lime and is created when calcium ions in hard water react with carbonate ions to create limescale. It is medicinally used as a calcium supplement or as an antacid, but excessive consumption can be hazardous.
Calcium carbonate chunks from clamshell
Eggshells, snail shells and most seashells are predominantly calcium carbonate and can be used as industrial sources of that chemical.Oyster shells have enjoyed recent recognition as a source of dietary calcium, but are also a practical industrial source. Dark green vegetables such as broccoli and kale contain dietarily significant amounts of calcium carbonate, however, they are not practical as an industrial source.
Calcium carbonate is a large amount in the paint industry, and it is an indispensable skeleton. The amount of the calcium carbonate is more than 30% in the thick paint, and the phenolic enamel paint is more than 39% of the phenolic fine pattern wrinkle paint.
Waterborne coating industry
In the water-based coating industry, the application is more widely used, and the coating can be made without sedimentation, easy dispersion, good gloss, etc., and the amount of water-based coating is 20-60%.
Calcium carbonate is a non-toxic, odorless, non-irritating white powder and one of the most versatile inorganic fillers. Calcium carbonate is neutral, substantially insoluble in water and soluble in acid. Calcium carbonate can be classified into heavy calcium carbonate, light calcium carbonate, colloidal calcium carbonate, and crystalline calcium carbonate depending on the method of calcium carbonate production. Calcium carbonate is a common substance on the earth. It is found in rocks such as vermiculite, calcite, chalk, limestone, marble, travertine, etc. It is also the main component of animal bones or shells. Calcium carbonate is an important building material and is widely used in industry.
Application of calcium carbonate in latex paint
The role of 1 heavy calcium
(1) As a body pigment, it has a filling effect to make it fine, uniform and white.
(2) It has a certain dry hiding power, and generally uses ultra-fine products. When the particle size is close to the particle size of titanium dioxide, the covering effect of titanium dioxide can be improved.
(3) It can improve the strength, water resistance, dryness and scrub resistance of the paint film.
(4) Improve color retention.
(5) Reduce the cost, the usage is 10%~50%. Disadvantages: high density, easy to precipitate, the amount of use should not be too large.
2 the role of light calcium
(1) As a body pigment, it has a filling effect, is fine, and increases whiteness.
(2) Has a certain dry hiding power.
(3) The density is small, the specific surface area is large, and it has a certain suspension property, and plays a role of anti-settling.
(4) Reduce costs.
(5) Increase the feel. Disadvantages: easy to blaze, bloating, thickening, the amount of use should not be too large, can not be used in exterior wall paint.
Application of calcium carbonate in powder coating
(1) It can be used as a filler for high gloss coating products.
(2) Semi-gloss coating products can generally be directly added with calcium carbonate without the addition of matting agent, saving cost.
(3) It is a white inorganic pigment that can be used in combination with titanium dioxide to reduce costs.
(4) Compared with other fillers, calcium carbonate is most suitable for environmentally friendly products requiring low levels of heavy metals, such as children's toys and baby carriages.
(5) It can improve the powder rate and spray area of the paint, especially in the mixed powder.
(6) If outdoor weather resistance is required, it cannot be used as a filler.
(7) Because of its high oil absorption, it is easy to cause orange peel on the surface of the paint film. At this time, a little hydrogenated castor oil can be added to the base material.
(8) It acts as a skeleton to increase the thickness of the paint film and improve the wear resistance and durability of the coating.
Application of calcium carbonate in wood coatings
(1) Filling material for colored primer to reduce cost.
(2) Increase the film strength and wear resistance.
(3) Light calcium has a little thickening effect, easy to thixotropic, and good anti-precipitation.
(4) Heavy calcium reduces the sanding property in the paint film, and it is easy to precipitate in the tank, so it is necessary to pay attention to strengthen the anti-sinking property.
(5) Improve the gloss, dryness and whitening of the paint film.
(6) It should not be used together with alkali-resistant pigments and fillers.
|ATC code||A02AC01 (WHO) A12AA04 (WHO)|
|Safety data sheet||ICSC 1193|
|Lethal dose or concentration (LD, LC):|
|LD50 (median dose)||6450 mg/kg (oral, rat)|
|US health exposure limits (NIOSH):|
|PEL(Permissible)||TWA 15 mg/m3 (total) TWA 5 mg/m3 (resp)|
|Other anions||Calcium bicarbonate|
|Other cations||Magnesium carbonate